Saturday 3 February 2018

Love Is In The... Tree..?





Hello, and Welcome to the Jems' February Blog Hop!  If you've arrived from Uma's blog I know you will have seen some beautiful makes already!

This month's theme is all about love - ahhh! While we haven't restricted it to Valentine's Day particularly, I've sort of half-focused on Valentine's.  I met Mr Badger on 18th February nine years ago, and he proposed a year to the day after that, so since then we have celebrated an amalgamation we have christened our "Valentiversary". It comes in very handy given that we don't have to celebrate on February 14th and therefore avoid all the inflated prices should we choose to eat out!


I was looking for a fairly simple make, something that could be used for a birthday or friendship gift as well as for an anniversary or Valentine. I'm sure you'll recognise my signature rainbow inclusion! I love that this is so simple and yet looks really effective, staying classy while making the most of those little pops of colour. 
 
Having made this I was really pleased with the design so did a variation on a theme and got Mr Badger's Valentiversary card done as well. I used slightly softer colours for this one: instead of the stark contrast between black and white I've gone for Very Vanilla card and Chocolate Chip ink for the tree. 



Right that's it I'm going to hop on now and leave you to visit the other blogs around this hop. Sarah-Jane is up next, so I'm sure you're in for a treat if you click below and take a look at what she's got in store for you!


https://cardsandacuppa.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/you-are-amazing-for-jems-blog-hop.html

7 comments:

  1. WOW... stunning card and frame... love them both Sarah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant and classy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that frame. So sweet and so effective. k x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both lovely ideas Sarah. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, love that rainbow tree! And your matching card is perfect :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I adore the frame, I’d love to have it hanging on my wall! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We met (and got engaged later) on Feb 25th so have our own personal Valentines too - could be something to do with the flowers being cheaper 😂 Makes me feel old to say it’s going to be 28 years ago ! Love the frame and the little pop of rainbow 🌈 x

    ReplyDelete